For a light and satisfying meal, try grilling shrimp. When cleaning shrimp, you will want to peel, devein and wash it before marinating in your favorite dressing or a homemade glaze. If you are using wooden or bamboo skewers, remember to soak them in water for about 15 minutes before placing them on the grill to prevent them from burning. Grilling shrimp only takes a few minutes, so be careful to not overcook them. You can serve your grilled shrimp with some grilled vegetables or a hearty salad. You can always try the traditional shrimp and grits, or get creative with an orzo salad. If you’re suffering from a case of wanderlust, you can always pretend that you are on an Australian vacation and throw some “shrimp on the barbie.” In this video, Chef Mark will show you how to cook grilled shrimp on a skewer. For more great cooking demonstration videos, subscribe to the LearnToCookOnline YouTube channel.
Grilled Shrimp Recipe
1 tsp. garlic oil
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 dz. 16/20 size, peeled and deveined raw shrimp (serves 2)
1/2 tsp. Penzey’s Chesapeake Bay Seafood Seasoning
1. Prepare the grill by preheating it on medium heat
2. Soak wooden skewers overnight in water
3. Skewer shrimp with tails all facing one way
4. Brush garlic oil over all and sprinkle with Penzey’s seasoning, then season with salt
5. Allow for 3 minutes on each side if grill cover is closed
6. The shrimp will be completely cooked when the shrimp has turned a pink color and is firm to the touch
7. Brush again with fresh garlic oil before service
If you like this post, please be sure to check out the following!