This healthy and eye-catching dish gives country flair to any table setting. Baked apples can be served with savory ingredients like pork or turkey as part of a meal, or with sweet caramel as a delicious dessert. The sweet dish with warm spices is wonderful in fall when apples are plentiful, but can be enjoyed any time of year. To prepare the apples, you’ll need to core them. Try not to puncture the apple’s bottom, so that the juices are not lost. You can use a melon scooper to do this if you do not have a corer. For a delicious dessert variation, insert a brown sugar, cinnamon, pecan, raisin and butter mixture into the hollow and bake until tender. The flavors will infuse the apple, but you can also baste the finished dish with the pan juices for added decadence. In this video, Chef Mark will show you how to cook delicious baked apples in just a few steps. For more great cooking demonstration videos, subscribe to the LearnToCookOnline YouTube channel.
Baked Apples Recipe
4 pippin or granny smith apples
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 Tbsp raisins, (optional)
4 tablespoons sweet butter
2 teaspoons ground true ceylon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Scoop out the core from top of the apple (avoid cutting through to the bottom so that the filling stays in)
3. Fill each apple with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon butter and raisins
4. Place in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until sugar begins to brown and apples are tender
If you have questions or comments about this video or recipe please leave them below.