If you’re looking for the perfect healthy breakfast treat, these pancakes should do the trick. Completely grain-free, the base of these flapjacks are made up of two things: bananas and eggs. That’s it. Peanut butter helps to act as the glue that holds everything together and also serves as an extra protein punch. Everything else is up to you! Want to add some mini chocolate chips, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla—whatever your little heart desires, you can jazz these up to your liking. We like to serve ours with a pinch of cinnamon, chopped walnuts and some maple syrup. Other topping suggestions include agave syrup, pecans, strawberries, raspberries or some granola.
So, watch the video and check out our cooking tips for the end-all be-all of banana pancakes. These things are totally delicious, totally guilt-free and totally healthy. Can there be a better triple threat?!
Interested in online baking classes? Use promo code learntocook and receive 25% off our culinary partner’s courses! *Only valid for the $129 individual short courses. Expires 1.22.15
Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes Recipe
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Agave or maple syrup
1. Add the bananas, eggs, peanut butter and cinnamon to a food processor.
2. Pulse the mixture until smooth.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and melt enough butter to cover the bottom of the pan.
4. Using a ¼ measuring cup, spoon the mixture into the frying pan, making as many round circles as you can comfortable fit in the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes and then flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and remove to plate. Work in batches until none of the batter is left.
5. Drizzle with maple syrup, sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon and enjoy!
Talent: Lauren Nolan of LakeShoreLady.com
Shot and edited by: Matt Rice
Royalty Free Music courtesy of Audio Network titled: “How’s It Going” by Martin Felix Kaczmarski