Beef tenderloin is great dish to make for any special occasion. Tenderloin gets its name because the short loin and the sirloin are the tenderest cuts of beef. Tenderloins are generally used for either roasts or steaks and do not need sauces or heavy seasoning to enhance their wonderful flavor. While the price of this cut of beef is higher than most, you get what you pay for. Using high-quality ingredients will make a difference in any meal. For such an indulgent dish, beef tenderloin is rather easy to make. Take a minimalist approach when using premium ingredients to allow the flavors to stand out. After you find your favorite beef tenderloin recipe, you will always be searching for reasons to cook a celebratory dinner. In this video, Chef Mark provides cooking advice for the perfect beef tenderloin. For more great cooking demonstration videos, subscribe to the LearnToCookOnline YouTube channel.
Tenderloin of Beef (Petite Filet Mignons) Recipe
2 -4oz filet mignons
1– Tbsp. sea salt
1 Tsp of other seasonings as desired (ie: blackening, seasoned salt like Lawrys)
2 tbsp butter
1 sprig of rosemary
1-2 gloves of garlic, whole
1/2 cup veal stock (store bought)
¼ cup red wine
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
1-2 pats of soft butter
1. Rise meat and dry then salt the meat.
2. In skillet heat clarified butter and brown meat being careful not to burn seasoning.
3. When meat starts to brown add rosemary and garlic clove s and baste and turn meat often to increase flavor and even browning.
4. Heat veal stock and red wine in a separate small pot.
5. When Med rare (130f) remove from pan. Keep warm. Discard rosemary and garlic.
6. Pour off most of the used butter and add to the pan the veal stock/wine mixture, allow to simmer few minutes, then swirl in fresh softened butter.
7. Plate up the beef and pour sauce overall.
8. Sprinkle fresh ground pepper over.[/private]
If you have questions or comments about this video or recipe please leave them below.