A kebab is a versatile dish that is as easy to make as it is fun to eat. Use chicken breast cut into chunks for a light and satisfying meal that even the pickiest eaters can customize. Marinate the chicken in your favorite marinade overnight for a robust flavor. Before making your kebabs, be sure to soak wooden skewers before placing the kebabs on the grill to prevent the skewers from burning. Add vegetables to your kebabs like bell peppers, onions and even cherry tomatoes. You will want to cook the vegetables and chicken separately because they will cook at different temperatures and times. This will prevent uneven cooking and you can mix the ingredients when they have all been cooked. In this video, Chef Mark provides an online cooking lesson for making delicious grilled chicken kebabs. For more great cooking demonstration videos, subscribe to the LearnToCookOnline YouTube channel.
Grilled Chicken Kebab Recipe
6-8 oz. cubed chicken, either breast or thigh meat, skinless, boneless
2, thick wooden skewers or metal, soaked overnight
3-4, 1oz. cubes of chicken per skewer
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
1/2 tsp. chicken spice rub (optional)
1/4 tsp. sea salt
3-2 inch cubed pieces each; onion, red pepper, green pepper, zucchini, and yellow squash
4, cherry tomatoes (optional to add at the very end just before service)
4, quartered pieces Portabella mushrooms (optional, they can be added prior to cooking)
1/8 tsp. black pepper to season just before service
1. Prepare the grill by preheating it to medium heat
2. Alternate ingredients on the skewer starting with onion, red pepper, green pepper, chicken, zucchini, and yellow squash. Repeat
3. Season kabob as desired with spice rub, salt and brush both sides with oil
4. Place on a hot cleaned grill
5. Allow for up to 4 minutes on each side, grill cover is closed
6. Chicken is done when the center is medium well, firm to the touch, which also has a whitcolor with a hot center, fully cooked. Can use a thermometer if desired to check, temp should be 165oF[/private]
If you like this post, please be sure to check out the following!
If you have questions or comments about this video or recipe please leave them below.